We have put the following measures into effect on our farm during the pandemic. The health and safety of our employees and customers is very important to us. These guidelines will be posted and available to all staff members and will be mandatory reading before starting work.
Dancing Dandelion Farms is run by a small team composed of the two owners and two full time staff members. Our small team helps to reduce the risk of exposure to the Covid-19 virus. Throughout the pandemic it is important to us that we are all in communication with one another and that any safety concerns are brought to the attention of all team members.
- All visitors/employees coming to the farm must wash/sanitize hands upon entering through the gate at the designated washing station. All visitors must be approved by the farm owners prior to coming on site. Customers will only be permitted to pick-up orders/access the farm stand and are not permitted inside the farm gates unless approved by the farm owners. Anyone showing symptoms of or who have had symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 10 days cannot enter the site. These include fever, chills, worsening couch, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches.
- Employees, visitors or any volunteers coming to the farm are to maintain a social distances of 2m (6ft) from those around them. Large spaces are provided for breaks and lunches to ensure adequate spacing is maintained.
- In circumstances where it is not possible to maintain 2m (6ft), masks must be worn.
- Dancing Dandelion Farms will ensure that employees are trained on how to clean and disinfect surfaces and use personal protection equipment if needed. Specifically, door handles, countertops, light switches and other areas that are frequently touched will be cleaned regularly. Shared areas such as the main house kitchen and bathroom are to be cleaned more regularly.
- All bins and buckets used to harvest produce and flowers are to be washed and sanitized between each use.
- Practice frequents hand-washing for 20 seconds. For example, hands are to be washed before handling food or preparing customer orders, after use of the bathroom and after leaving then returning to the farm.
- Sick workers are to report symptoms to their supervisor and will be asked to isolate. Areas the worker has come in contact with will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Employees are encouraged to remind your colleagues and clients of the wellness and hygiene measures put into place.
Should you feel unwell (I.e. coughing, sneezing, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, etc.), think you have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, or have someone from your household return from travelling abroad:
- Do not come into work!
- We ask that you do not present yourself at work with COVID-19 symptoms and self-isolate for 10 consecutive days.
- For each delivery, the delivery driver will apply sanitizer on their hands between each order. The vehicle will also be sanitized at the end of each delivery route. All deliveries will be prepaid via Credit Card or Interac E-Transfer. Upon arrival, the delivery driver shall drop the delivery off, return to the vehicle, and then text or call the client. Masks are to be worn for during deliveries and customers have the option of contact free delivery.
- The farm stand surface is to be cleaned after each use.
- Wash hands immediately after handling money.
- If interacting with customers, maintain a distance of 2m (6ft) from the customer. Masks are to be worn when interacting with customers.
- Customers are given the option of paying with e-transfer to minimize touch points.
- When setting up the stand, remember to place a sign instructing the customers to only touch the bouquet(s) they intend to purchase.
- All pick up orders will be placed in the carport beside the house with the customer’s name on them so that there will be no direct contact with customers and farm employees.
- Hand sanitizer is provided.
At Dancing Dandelion Farms our employee and customer safety is our top priority. Should you have any questions, recommendations or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.